EuroNanoMed (ENM) is an ERA-NET on Nanomedicine established since 2008 as a platform for funding agencies and ministries to coordinate research and innovation programmes with the goal of creating and funding collaborative research and innovation projects that can convert research in nanotechnology into practical gains in medicine.
Under the umbrella of EuroNanoMed III, the 9th Joint Transnational Call will be launched for funding multilateral innovative research projects on nanomedicine.
- Opening of the submission system: 14th December 2017
- Submission deadline for pre-proposals: 16th January 2018
- Submission deadline of full proposals: 30th May 2018
TOPICS of the call
Project proposals will address multidisciplinary and translational research. The project proposals must cover at least one of the following areas that are equal in relevance for this call:
- a) Regenerative medicine
- b) Diagnostics
- c) Targeted delivery systems
Applicants are asked to specify to which of the two categories described below the project falls, according to its TRL, degree of innovation and expected time to market:
- Innovation applied research projects: Proof of concept projects for innovative applications with analytical/experimental research and/or implementation and integration of components and test in laboratory and/or animal models. Safety and nanotoxicity should be taken into account when relevant. The viability of a path that may lead the experimental and/or analytical results (for TRL 3) and/or demonstrators (for TRL 4) to a future application at medium/long term shall also be demonstrated.
- Projects with high potential of applicability at short/medium term: Projects closer to the market for the validation of demonstrators and prototypes in a realistic laboratory (for TRL 5) and/or relevant simulated operational field environment (for TRL-6). The viability of a path that may lead the validated systems and results to real products shall be demonstrated. Industrial engagement is crucial in this type of projects. Medical regulatory aspects have to be properly considered.
General conditions for application
Joint research proposals may be submitted by applicants belonging to:
- Academia (research teams working in universities, other higher education institutions) or research institutes;
- Clinical/public health sector (research teams working in hospitals/public health and/or other health care settings and health organisations). Participation of Medical Doctors is encouraged;
- Enterprise (private companies of all sizes). Participation of Small and Medium-size Enterprises (SMEs) is encouraged.
Each consortium submitting a proposal must involve a minimum of three eligible and a maximum of five eligible partners from at least three different countries participating to the. The maximum number of partners can be increased from five to seven under certain circumstances. No more than two eligible partners from the same country participating in the call will be accepted in one consortium.
More information: http://www.euronanomed.net/joint-calls/9th-joint-call-2018/
Looking for partners? Have a look at the European Nanomedicne Map: http://www.etp-nanomedicine.eu/public/nanomedmap/